Wednesday 11 June 2008

Peeing in the desert.

I remembered today that all the pics I had taken in Mali had disappeared.
I went to Mali with my mum and our oldest friends (they're not that old, they're just, you know, we-were-at-your-birth kind of friends).
We flew to Gao, and drove big 4x4 across the Sahara to Timbuktu and floated back to the airport on the Niger. I remember it as the best trip I have ever been on and almost cried when I realised that all the pics had disappeared when some asshole broke into our flat a couple of years ago and left with my laptop. Luckily, I had sent some of my photos and sketches to one of the old friends who has just sent them back to me.

The two best things about the trip:
1. Not having access to a toilet for 2 weeks and having to pee in the middle of the Sahara.
2. The air being so dry that you're never sweaty and when you laugh, your lips stay stuck over your teeth.

So anyway. Here they are.


































No comments: